Some industries handle high temperatures daily in their production processes, which can affect not only the performance of the equipment but also worker safety and the quality of the products. Therefore, the appropriate choice of heat insulation solution is crucial for any manufacturing sector to achieve first-class performance.
In this article, we will look at aspects that industries should consider when choosing a heat insulation solution.
The most suitable heat insulation, according to industry needs
When selecting a specific solution, we recommend considering the industry's particular needs.
- Petrochemical industry. The petrochemical industry operates in highly demanding environments. Therefore, thermal insulation must protect pipes and equipment from the high temperature generated by the oil refining process.
- Food industry. Insulation is often used to keep food at the correct temperature during processing and storage. It is essential that the material is resistant to humidity, corrosion and that it meets safety and health requirements.
- Automotive industry. These products are often used in the design of both electric vehicles and conventional powertrains, from exhaust heat shields to electric car lithium battery separators. Insulation materials must be resistant to high temperatures and vibration.
- Construction industry. Thermal solutions are used for high temperature protection of ventilation ducts; grease ducts or ventilation grills (particularly for commercial premises such as hotels, restaurants, casinos, etc.); chimneys; and precast duct systems. They are also essential in passive fire protection, temperature, and/or noise insulation.
- Power generation industry. Here, insulation protects equipment and pipelines that carry fluids at high temperatures. In this type of plant, insulating solutions improve thermal efficiency and reduce heat leakage while filling voids or gaps.