SUPERMAG & SUPERMAG HI BLANKETS
SuperMag Blankets are made from Nutec’s Low Bio-Persistent (LBP) ﬁbers. These Spun fibers are needled into a blanket, resulting in a product with high strength and superior thermal properties at temperatures up to 2200°F (1200°C). The superior needling eliminates the need for binders resulting in a completely inorganic blanket with no smoke generation or outgassing.
SuperMag Blankets can be a cost-effective alternative to Refractory Ceramic Fiber (RCF) for applications to 2200°F (1200°C), SuperMag-HI offers the same temperature rating as our standard SuperMag material, but with much lower shot content and finer fiber diameters, resulting in lower thermal conductivity, and reduce dust and irritation. Both grades are available in a range of thicknesses and densities.
- Appliances: Ranges, Ovens, Chimneys,
- Power Generation: Boilers, Expansion Joints, Removable, Insulation, Cable trays, Batteries.
- Iron & Steel: Process Furnace linings, Slow Cool Cars, Soaking Pits, Ladle
- Glass: Glass Tank
- Others: Structural Steel Fire Protection, Vehicle Exhaust Insulation & Heat Shields, Fire
SuperMag Blankets meets the European directive I 272/2008 for bio-solubility
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Low Thermal Shrinkage
- Strong, High Tensile Strength
- Total Inorganic
- Low heat Storage
- Resistant to Chemical Attack
- Flexible, lightweight
- Contains No Asbestos
- Thermal Shock Resistant
- Excellent Sound Absorption
- Easy to fabricate and Install
- High Heat Reﬂective